Excuse me,Can you help me?
对不起,你能帮帮我吗?
Sure,what do you want?
可以啊。什么事?
Where is 83 Wooster Street?
Wooster街83号在哪里?
That's easy,Walk to the corner,
很好找。你走到拐角,
Then make a left turn,
然后向左转,
Then walk two blocks to the traffic light,
再走两条街到红绿灯处,
Make another left to Wooster,
再向左转就到了Wooster街了。
Thank you,
谢谢你。
To the corner and then a left?
走到拐角向左转对吗?
Yeah,A left,
是的,向左转。
Hot dog? Only seventy-five cents,
要热狗吗?只要七十五分钱。
No,Thank you,I have a dinner date,
不,谢谢。我要去赴晚餐约会。
555-9470...and it's busy...,
555-9470……占线……
Try again,
再试一次。
555-9470...and it's still busy,
555-9470……又占线。
Excuse me,ma'am,
对不起,夫人,
I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street,
我想找Wooster街83号。
Yes,Wooster Street is two blocks,
噢,Wooster街还有两条街的距离,
and 83 is to the right,about two houses,
83号是在右边,大约过两栋房子就到了。
Thank you,thank you!
谢谢你,谢谢!
You're welcome,
不用谢!
Who is it?
谁呀?
Harry Bennett,Is this Susan?
Harry Bennett,是Susan吗?
Yes,it is,Come up,
是的,是我。请上来,
I'm on the top floor,
我在顶层。
Hello,Harry,It's nice to meet you,
你好,Harry,很高兴见到你。
Nice to meet you,Susan,
很高兴见到你,Susan。
Sorry I'm late,
很抱歉我迟到了。
The traffic,The parking,I was lost,
交通拥挤,又找不到停车的地方。我又迷路了。
What pretty flowers! Thank you,
好漂亮的花!谢谢你。
Oh,please come in,
噢,请进来。
Don't worry about being late,It's fine,
别为迟到挂心了,没有关系。
Excuse the mess,I just moved here,
请不要介意这里乱得很,我刚刚搬来住。
Oh,I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn,
噢,我来向你介绍我嫂子Marilyn。
Marilyn Stewart,this is Harry Bennett,
Marilyn Stewart,这是Harry Bennett。
Pleased to meet you,
很高兴见到你。
Nice to meet you,Harry,
我也很高兴见到你,Harry。
Are we too late for our dinner reservation?
我们会不会错过晚餐订位时间?
No,the restaurant will hold our table,
不会,餐厅会保留我们的席位。
I know the owner very well,
我和老板很熟。
I eat there a lot,
我在那里吃过好多次。
Do you know the phone number of the restaurant?
你知道那家餐厅的电话号码吗?
I'd like to call home
我想打电话回家,
and leave the number with the baby-sitter,
把餐厅的电话告诉临时保姆。
Sure,The number is..,five five five...seventeen twenty,
没问题,号码是555-1720。
May I use the phone?
我可以用电话吗?
Five five five...one seven two oh,Hello?
555-1720,喂?
Hi,Michelle,It's Daddy,
嗨,Michelle,是爸爸。
Can I speak to Betty?
我能跟Betty说话吗?
I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant...,
我要留餐厅的电话号码给她。
Hi,Betty,I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty,
你好,Betty,我的号码是555-1720。
OK,Thanks,See you later,
好,谢谢。再见。
Well,that's done,Shall we go?
好了,打完了。我们可以走了吗?
I'm ready,See you later,Marilyn,
我准备好了。Marilyn,再见。
Have a nice evening,
祝你们今晚愉快。
Bye,Marilyn,Hope to see you again,
再见,Marilyn。希望能再看到你。
Me,too,Have fun!
我也是。祝你们愉快!
Thanks,
谢谢。
After you,
请先走。
Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome!
嗨!Stewart小姐!欢迎。
How are you?
你好吗?
Fine,Somsak,And you?
很好,Somsak,你呢?
Fine,thank you,
很好,谢谢你。
This is my friend Harry Bennett,
这是我的朋友Harry Bennett。
Pleased to meet you,
很高兴见到你。
Very nice to meet you,
很乐意见到你。
Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's,
Stewart小姐的任何朋友在Somsak餐厅都是受欢迎的。
Follow me,please,
请跟我来。
I like it here,
我喜欢这里。
I do,too,I come here often,
我也是。我常来这里。
A special place for special people,
这是为特殊人物而设的特别地方。
Thank you,Somsak,
谢谢你,Somsak。
Well! Nice restaurant,
嘿,这是一家好餐厅。
Would you like something to drink?
你们要点什么饮料吗?
Yes,I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice,
是的,我要一杯加冰块的姜味汽水。
Harry,what would you like?
Harry,你要什么?
Do you have a dry white wine?
你这里有干白葡萄酒吗?
How about a California chablis?
来一杯California白葡萄酒好吗?
Chablis is fine,
好的。
What would you like to eat?
你们要吃点什么?
I'd like the mee krob,
我喜欢mee krob,
Harry,would you like to see a menu?
Harry,你想看看菜单吗?
No,it's Ok,
不用,没有关系。
I'll have the mee krob also,
我也要mee krob。
What is it?
那是什么?
Crispy fried noodles,I love them,
酥炒面。我喜欢吃。
May I bring you a salad?
要不要来点沙拉呢?
Oh yes,
噢,好啊。
What do you recommend today?
今天你推荐什么沙拉?
I recommend rose-petal salad,
我向你们推荐玫瑰花瓣沙拉。
Special for new friends,
特地为新朋友准备的。
Rose-petal salad?
玫瑰花瓣沙拉好吗?
Why not?
有何不可?
I'll take care of everything,
我会好好照料一切。
I hope you're hungry,
我希望你饿了。
What? Oh,yes,Starving,Well,I..,
什么?噢,是,我很饿。好啦,我……
Well,I,.,
好啦,我……
What do you do at Universe Toy Company?
你在宇宙玩具公司做什么工作?
I'm the vice-president of new toy development,
我是负责新玩具开发的副总裁。
Terrific!
了不起!
I know you 're a CPA,
我知道你是一位会计师。
That's true,Harry Bennett,
是的。Harry Bennett,
certified public accountant,
立案会计师。
I love numbers,
我喜欢弄数字。
Your company's accounting firm,
我为贵公司的会计顾问公司-Smith和Dale事务所-做一些工作。
And so..,
所以……?
Here we are,
所以我们才有缘相见。
Yes,
是啊。
I have a daughter,
我有一个女儿。
I know,How old is she?
我知道。她多大了?
She's nine years old,
她九岁。
That's a nice age,What's her name?
正是美妙年龄。她什么名子?
Michelle,
Michelle。
Do you have a picture of her?
你有她的照片吗?
She's very pretty,
她很漂亮。
Thank you,
谢谢你。
Rose-petal salad,
玫瑰花瓣沙拉。
And there's a phone call for you,Mr,Bennett,
Bennett先生,有你的电话。
Excuse me,Susan,
对不起,Susan。
I hope nothing is wrong,
但愿没有事。
I'll get the rest of the dinner,
我去把晚餐的其馀东西端来。
Excuse me,
失陪。
Please forgive me,Susan,but..,
请原谅我,Susan,但……
I have to leave,I feel terrible,but..,
我得走了。真是糟糕透了,但……
What's the matter?
发生了什么事?
My daughter isn't feeling well,
我女儿感到不舒服。
Oh no! Is it serious?
噢,糟糕!严重吗?
I don't know,The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache,
我不知道。临时保姆说她肚子疼,
and she's crying,
她一直哭。
I'll have to go home,
我必须回家一趟,
Will you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗?
Of course,I'm so sorry for Michelle,
当然。我为Michelle担心。
And you didn't have a chance to eat,
而且你什么也没有吃。
Oh,it's OK,
噢,没关系。
Let me take you home first,
先让我送你回家吧。
No,no,Please,go ahead,
不用,不用。你走吧。
It's our first date,
这是我们的第一次约会。
We'll make another,
我们还可以再次约会。
Please don't worry,
请别挂心。
I'll phone you,
我会给你打电话的。
I hope your daughter is all right,Good-bye,
我希望你女儿安然无恙。再见。
Good-bye,
再见。
What happened?
怎么了?
The baby-sitter called,
临时保姆打电话来了。
His daughter is sick,
他女儿生病了。
What's wrong?
什么病?
I think she has a stomachache,
我想她肚子痛。
He's a good father,
他是个好父亲。
So..,what do you think of him?
那么……你觉得他怎么样?
He's very nice,
他很不错。
But I think he was nervous tonight,
但我想他今晚有点紧张。
It was his first date in two years,
这是他两年来第一次约会。
Will you see him again?
你会再见他吗?
I hope so,
我希望如此。
This food is delicious,
这菜肴味道不错。
He didn't get a thing to eat,
他什么也没有吃。
You ordered enough for three or four people,
你叫了够叁、四个人吃的菜,
but I'm not complaining,
但我毫不在意。
The food is delicious,
菜肴好吃极了。
Who is that?
那是谁呀?
Do you think it's..,
你想会是……
No,You won't believe it,Marilyn!
不会。你简直无法相信,Marilyn。
I believe it,Even without looking,
我能相信。即始不看我也知道。
Hi!
嗨!
How...?
你怎么……
Your downstairs neighbor let me in,
你楼下的邻居让我进来的。
Did you go home?
你回家了吗?
I did,but everything is OK,
回去了,但一切安好,
so I decided to come back,
于是我决定回来。
To apologize for leaving so early,
为了表示我对提早走掉的歉意,
I brought you a little gift,
我给你带了一件小礼物。
It's a bonsai tree
这是一颗盆栽,
for your new apartment,
祝贺你迁新居。
Hi,Marilyn,I hope it's not too late,
你好,Marilyn,我希望我来得不算太晚。
Oh,not at all,We're still eating,
噢,没关系。我们还在吃着呢。
Please,come in,Join us,
请进。跟我们一起吃吧。
It's our meal from the restaurant,
这是从餐厅带回来的菜肴。
And how is your daughter?
对了,你女儿怎么样?
Oh,she's fine,
噢,她没事了。
It was only a tummy ache,
仅仅是肚子有点痛。
It's good that you went back,
你回去是对的。
Yes,I think it's important for me to be there
是的,我想我在场是非常重要的,
since her mother died,
因为她妈妈去世了。
I agree,Aren't you hungry?
我想是的。你饿了吗?
As a matter of fact..,I am hungry,
老实说……我饿了。
There's lots of food left,
这里还剩下很多食物。
Mmm,this is delicious!
嗯,很好吃!
Enjoy!
那就享受吧!
I'm going to excuse myself,
很抱歉失陪。
I have a lot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow,
我得为明天做许多准备工作。
Good night,Harry,It was nice meeting you,
Harry,很高兴与你见面。
Bye,Marilyn,
再见,Marilyn。
Good night,Susan,
晚安,Susan。
Good night,Marilyn,
晚安,Marilyn。
She's going to a fashion show here in the city tomorrow,
她将参加明天在本市举行的时装表演。
She is sleeping here
她晚上住在这儿,
so she won't have to travel from Riverdale in the morning,
免得早上从Riverdale赶过来。
You two must be close,
你们两个关系一定很好。
we are,
是的。
The whole Stewart family is close,
Stewart全家人相处得很好。
I like that,
我喜欢这样。
And then,two years ago,my wife died,
接着,两年前我妻子去世了。
You miss her,
你思念她。
I do...yes,but I have Michelle..,
不错……是的,但我还有Michelle……?
and with time..,
而且随着时间流逝……
Is there anyone else in your life?
在你生活中还有其他人吗?
No,not yet,What about you?
不,还没有。你呢?
Oh,I date occasionally,
哦,我偶尔约约会,
but my work keeps me busy,
但我老是忙于工作。
Ooh,speaking of keeping busy-
哦,说到忙于工作,
I have an early start tomorrow,
我明天还得早起,
and the baby-sitter has to get home,
而且临时保姆也该回家了。
Where did the time go?
时间溜到那里去了?
It's midnight,
都午夜了。
Thank you,Susan,
谢谢你,Susan,
I had a nice evening,
让我过了一个愉快的夜晚。
Me,too,Harry,Harry?
我也很愉快,Harry。Harry?
Yes?
什么事?
I'd like to meet your daughter someday,
我希望有一天能见到你女儿。
Does that mean that I can see you again?
是不是说我可以再见到你?
Of course,
当然。
Wonderful,I'll call you,
那太好了。我打电话给你,
and we'll go out to dinner,
然后我们到外面吃晚饭。
Please do,
好呀。
I promise I won't leave early,
我发誓我再也不会早走了。
It was for a good reason,
你今天早走是有原因的。
You know something?
你知道吗?
What?
什么?
I think we're going to be good friends,
我想我们可以成为好朋友。
Good night,Susan,
再见,Susan。
Good night,Harry,
再见,Harry,
Have a safe trip home,
路上小心点。
Are you all right?
你怎么了?
Sorry,
对不起。
I never liked that umbrella stand,
我一直嫌那伞架碍事。
Good night,Harry,
再见,